Friday, September 3, 2010

Abigail Elise Baxley

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child and the Lord answered my prayer...
8 lbs. 13oz.
21 inches long
She made her dramatic entrance at 1:03pm

Jacob visiting after my epidural.
So here is the short story of her dramatic entrance.

Everything was going great. I had my epidural, was feeling great and we were all just waiting for me to be ready to push. Dr. Allen checked me and I was ready but and she had another woman next door already pushing. She asked me if I could wait and I said yes because I really didn't feel a lot of pressure. She went next door and while she was gone I started having really really bad contractions. They were making me cry even with my epidural. My nurse came in to get the room ready for delivery and Dr. Allen was back within 15 min. Dr. Allen stepped outside to finish some paperwork b/c the nurse was still getting the room ready.

The nurse tells me to "try" a few pushes with my next contraction and stepped into the bathroom (note: I pushed for an hour with Jacob). I didn't even know if I was pushing the right way. While she was in the bathroom and in the middle of my second push my friend Diana exclaims "I see a head!" The nurse came running out of the bathroom and caught Abigail as she came out on the table. I didn't even know there was a table there so I was terrified she was going to the floor. Then Diana ran out in the hall and got a very shocked Dr. Allen. Apparently I was pushing great.

Little Abigail made quite an entrance into this world, shocking everyone with how quick she came out. Everything else went fine and she is perfect.


Getting Measured
She has toes just like her daddy and big brother.
She was not very happy with her bath.

When did he get so big?
Daddy and Jacob while we were waiting for Abigail.
Our first picture as a family of four.
Jacob was in awe of her. It was so sweet.
His new big brother toy.
Jacob couldn't wait to hold Abigail.
Daddy got the privilege of changing the first poop diaper.
Jacob supervised.
Our Sweet Abigail.

2 comments:

The Looney Kids said...

ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE that family picture! It is so perfect! She is absolutely precious and I can't wait to get my hands on her! :)

Wandering Knapps said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful little girl. Jacob looks like he is going to be a great big brother.