Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not a Good Father's Day

Well this Father's day started out with a sick little boy. Jacob woke up with a fever and we gave him some Tylenol then it spiked to 104.1 a few hours after that. Micha had went to church, so I called him to come home and we decided to take Jacob to Cooks Children's. Everyone there was very nice and we were quickly taken care of. The ER doc said that he has "hand, foot, and mouth disease". It's a virus that causes blisters in the mouth that can spread to his hands and feet. He has the blisters just in his mouth right now. We are praying that it does not spread. Apparently it's a common childhood illness. He will be contagious for about five days and I will probably get it, but it won't be as bad. Since it's a virus we just have to let it work it's way through. Right now he will tell me "mama it hurts," talking about his throat. We have some medicine, popsicles, and jello to help with that. He really likes the popsicles.
We did a little celebration for Micha on Saturday, b/c I was going to have to serve in the church early. Micha got a nice breakfast of waffles (his favorite) and a new pillow (he has been stealing mine for months). Hopefully next weekend we can do something more fun.

1 comment:

Sarah Wronko said...

poor sweet baby. :( I'm so sorry. We are praying for you all. Love you