Well I just wanted to update everyone. I had Lasik surgery done on Friday and now it's ok for me to use the computer. Everything went great. It really is amazing that I can see without glasses or contacts. I could actually see right after the surgery. For anyone thinking about getting it I would highly recommend it. My eyesight was so horrible before, I could not even get out of bed in the middle of the night with out glasses or I would run into thing. With out my glass or contacts everything was just big blobs of color.
To break it down, I had Lasik and my right eye and PRK in my left eye (due to my cornea being a tiny bit out of shape). Both procedures cost the same but the PRK does not cut a flap like Lasik, and it takes about 4-6 weeks before you are seeing 20/20. The surgery was quick and painless (the Valium they give you before hand really helps to settle the nerves). When it was all done I asked the nurse "that's it?" Right now I can see 20/25 in my right eye and by Tuesday it will be 20/20. In my left eye I am at 20/50, which is right on target for the PRK procedure, the doctors thinks I will be at 20/20 in about four weeks.
Anyways, just wanted to let everyone in on my excitement. I know it may sound funny but I feel like I have a bit more freedom now. :)
3 comments:
That is so cool! We'll definitely have to go out and celebrate :)
As someone who is trapped with her glasses, I would LOVE to not need them...I might have to look into it. I am a BIG chicken though :) Brock, brock...
Yeah! I'm so happy for you sweetie!
Post a Comment