
Well last night was bittersweet for me. It was my last time to nurse Jacob. Starting this week he will fully be on formula, but only for a few weeks until I switch him over to whole milk when he is one year. I have been weaning him over the last two weeks with a mixture of formula and mommy's milk. I nursed him for 11 1/2 months and wanted to get him fully weaned by his 1st birthday.
Luckily he still likes to sit in my lap and drink his
sippy cup, so I still get some cuddle time with him. I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I get some more freedom, but sad to see my little boy getting so big. It goes by so fast. My
original goal was to nurse for 6 months, but when I was able to be a stay-at-home mom I decided to try and go for the whole first year. I am so
blessed that
Micha has taken on all the financial burden and I have gotten this amazing time with my little boy. Sorry, getting a little emotional. :)
2 comments:
I'm almost tearing up :) I'll have to call you, but I'm almost done weaning Lucas...faster than I had wanted but oh well...they are getting too big too fast!!!
Wow. It does go by fast. Some days I think I'm ready to wean her, but I'm sticking it out to a year too.
Post a Comment