Saturday, February 5, 2011

4 Days of Captivity...

Well this week we were snowed in for 4 days! I know things would have been completely different had Micha been home. He was lucky and was in San Diego (70 degrees) for the entire week at a work conference. All the more challenging for me being by myself with two kids and we couldn't leave the house due to all the ice and snow. The first two days were fun; the third day was a battle of wills between Jacob and I; and the fourth day... well Jacob went to stay the night at Mimi and Grandpa's to save mommy sanity (by then it was Friday, so they had no work the next day and the sun had melted some of the ice off the roads). :)
We did pretty much did every fun indoor activity I could think of and watched too much TV. I have seen all the Bob the Builder that I ever want. All things aside it was four days with just my two sweet kids and me. I cherish all the moments good and bad. As you can see by all the recent blog updates I used some of this time to get caught up. I also took lots of pictures of how we spent the time.
End of Day Two:
We took all the cushions off the couches and turned them into pirate ships. Then we dug through the cushions for buried treasure (hot wheel cars).
Cute little pirate. I love his imagination.
Abigail is rolling herself all over the floor now.
Day Three:
He was having some "Jacob Time" alone in his room and this is what I found him doing when I went to check on him (it was too quite). He was very serious when I went to take the picture saying, "Mom, I'm trying to read."
Cuddled up on the couch ready for another movie.
Sweet little boy just woke up from his nap.
I think it even got to Louie a little.
I went to move my pillow and found this inside the pillow case.
Day Four:
On Friday it snowed again and we went out to play.
Even though we had cabin fever it was still pretty.
He was so excited to get out of the house.
Catching snowflakes on his tongue.

He told me, "Momma we have to dig out!"
First question when we got back inside. "Mom, when can we go back outside?"

No comments: