Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jacob at 8 Months

Jacob turned 8 months this week and his development has been booming. A couple of weeks ago Jacob started self feeding with the Gerber puffs that dissolve. He was doing such a good job with those I thought we would try carrots. He did OK with them but made funny faces at the texture. We also started him on Cheerios. He really like those and so does Louie. Louie's favorite place now is under Jacob's high chair during meals.
Jacob has also started cruising (using things to help him walk). He started this a little in Oregon and now that we are home he is doing it constantly along the couches. He still has not crawled on all fours yet, but he will get up on all fours then start scooting around.
His vocal skills are improving also. He loves to here himself yell. He says ah, ba ba, and just recently added da da. We are now working on ma ma :) Also, on our flight out to Oregon I noticed his second bottom tooth came in. So now he has his bottom two front teeth.

Jacob eating his carrots

Jacob taking a nap. I finally got a picture of him holding his feet while he sleeps.

1 comment:

The Looney Kids said...

He is going to be walking any time now! I LOVE your new border, but I'm sure I'll be able to tell you in person in a couple hours... :)